Why we play
We have joined a baseball club because we love baseball. Our club has several teams and many players but we are all a part of the same club. These are the rules we play by and the things we have agreed on.
- The winners are the players who have the most fun.
- We will try to balance our team strengths so that all our games are close and not one-sided.
- We are not eighteen any more, so we don’t need to dive for every ball or slide into every base.
- We will never intentionally cause a collision with another player on any team, whether at home plate or at any base.
- We will never intentionally hurt any other player because we understand that all of us need to go to work on the morning after the game and feel good about the game we played.
- We have families and jobs and they are our first responsibilities.
- We want to play and help others to play so that youngsters will come to watch us and learn that they will be able to play baseball or other games as long as they live.
Each of us will sign a copy of this statement and remind each other of what it says whenever we need to.
Authored by our own,
One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to, reach down and prove something.
There are three types of baseball players: Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen and those who wonder what happens.